Policies & Flower Removal Schedule
- ALL flower placements, and decorations will be removed on as needed for general cemetery maintenance.
- Only invertible vases that are part of the grave marker or that have been installed by the cemetery are permitted. Plastic containers or vases, glass jars, cans, ceramics, wood boxes, etc. are not allowed.
- Fresh cut flowers are permitted at any time in an approved vase. Vases should be emptied and inverted during the cold winter months to eliminate damage from freezing.
- Potted Plants are permitted on graves only two (2) days before Easter, Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, and Father’s Day and will be removed after the holiday. The dates of these holidays are designated blue on the calendar.
- Wreaths, and artificial floral arrangements may be placed only from November 15 through March 15.
- Flower arrangements and wreaths may contain decorations consisting of non-plant material only as an incidental part of the arrangement or wreath; however, balloons are not permitted at any time.
- No flowers, wreaths, stickers, or decorations may be attached to, or hung on the columbarium.
- Non-floral, stand-alone decorations such as balloons, pinwheels, shepherd’s hooks, Christmas trees over 18” tall, holiday placards, trinkets, statues, solar lights or garden/stepping stones are not permitted at any time.
- Decorating the surrounding trees, shrubs or landscape with holiday ornaments, streamers, windchimes, etc. is not permitted. Birdfeeders are placed by Ridge Hill staff only. Please contact us for more information about birdfeeders.
- Ridge Hill Memorial Park is not responsible for damaged or missing items.
- No planting or digging is permitted in the cemetery. Picking of flowers, either wild or cultivated, or breaking trees, shrubbery or plants is prohibited.
- Pets are not permitted on the cemetery grounds or in any of the cemetery buildings.
- Memorial Day flags are placed on veterans’ graves by volunteers, with no involvement of cemetery staff. Flags are only placed on veterans’ graves that clearly indicate the grave is that of a veteran. If a veteran’s sticker is needed, one can be obtained free of charge at the cemetery office. Veteran’s stickers should not be affixed to the columbarium.
- We strongly encourage you to consult one of our counselors regarding the purchase and placement of a permanent grave maker shortly after burial has taken place. Temporary grave markers are available for purchase, please contact the office for more information.
For questions concerning the floral removal schedule or our placement policies, contact us at (440) 233-5113.
FLOWER REMOVAL SCHEDULE
Ridge Hill Memorial Park realizes the importance of floral memorialization of your loved ones. To better assist you with your floral placements, and to preserve the natural beauty of the cemetery, we are providing you with this policy and flower removal schedule.
Note: Both fresh and artificial floral arrangements will be removed for general cemetery maintenence. At certain times during the year, however, it may not be possible for the cemetery to make removals due to unforeseen circumstances. The decision remains at the discretion of Ridge Hill Memorial Park.